Keeping your site organized and manageable takes planning and sticking with that plan.
- Viewing the contents of a folder will display the items similar to Windows explorer You can access a folders contents by adding /folder_contents to the end of a URL or you can select the Contents tab.
- Images and files should be added to the [root] /site-assets/images/ or /site-assets/files folder. If you add an image or file to a private folder, you won't be able to see it unless you're logged in.
You can learn about uploading multiple images or files in bulk here
- Events should be added to the [root] /news-events/ folder or one of its subfolders. although such features such as the Calendar and Collections can search the entire site for Events. it is better to keep them all in one place. Especially important is to remove events when the event dates have passed. Keeping them in one place makes this process easier to keep past events at a minimum taking up space and slowing processes down. You can see when the event was created or modified by looking at the "Modified" column. Its not uncommon to see dates dating back to 2016.
News and events each have their own folder within the New and Events folder
Subfolder of New and Events folder
- News Items should be added to the [root] /news-events/lib-news/ folder. News just like events should be added to the News folder found under the News and Events folder
- Try to keep the number of Folders at the root of your site down to a minimum, because it'll clog the navigation menu at the top of the page. Learn more about main navigation organization here
- Only add key content to the main folder. It's easy to create a page that contains links to a variety of content. You can find information on adding links here.