How to add a link:
Make sure you are logged in to the site (if you are logged in, your User ID will appear in the top right of the screen as a link. Otherwise, the same link will say Log in).
- Once you are logged in, an Editing bar will be visible at the top of the center content (the middle part of the page, where your homepage's content is visible). Click Edit.
- This will bring you to the Editing view of your page. Scroll down past the Title and Summary fields to the Text field. This is where your page's content is.
- Within the Text field, the content should look pretty much the same
as it did before you entered the Editing view. Click on the image or
text that contains the link that you want to use or type the text your going to use as the link.
- With your cursor Highlight the image or text, click on the Insert/Edit Link button (it looks like a little chain link).
- If you want to link to an external site:
- Click on the External tab of the Insert/edit link dialog that appears.
- Enter the link you would like to add. Note: URLs for external sites must begin with http:// of they will not work correctly.
- The Target option allows you to specify whether clicking on the link will bring you to the linked site in the current browser window or a new one. To have it open in the current window, select "Open in current window / frame". To open the link in a new browser window, select "Open in new window".
- The Title field allows you to specify text that will appear when you hold your mouse over the text of the link. This can be used to provide additional information about the link. For example, a link to http://www.google.com might have a Title of "Google Search".
- To link to an internal page:
- Click on the Internal tab of the Insert/edit link dialog that appears.
- Click into the blank that says Search for items on site... to open a dropdown menu of available pages.
- If you know part or all of the page's name, start typing to filter the search results that appear.
- Select the desired page from the list.
- Select the desired option under Target for whether the link opens in the same window or a different one.
- Click Insert. This will return you to the main editor. The text with the link will change color and be underlined to indicate that it has become a link.
- To test the new link, click Save at the bottom of the page to return to the standard view of the page and click on the new link.