Welcome to your new site! There are a number of items to check while you're here. Follow the links below for more information about how to make various changes in the new system.
1. Get your credentials and log in.
- How to add a new user account.
- It can also be useful to explore your site while not logged in, to see what an anonymous user would see.
1. Set your homepage.
2. Upload site logo.
3. Changing publication state of content items.
4. Resizing images (video).
5. Check your portlets.
Make sure that all the visible portlets are working - some portlets may no longer display correctly following the migration from your old system. These may need to be modified, hidden, or removed. This will usually mean that you see an empty box, or the text of a link that you can't click on, or a frame for a broken image.
6. In places where tables were used to help lay out content on the page, you may need to make adjustments to fit the new site.
7. Checking other top-level folders.
Although for many sites, the main page will receive the majority of traffic, it is a good idea to verify all of the above items for each of the main areas of the site (like the News & Events and eShelf folders).
1. Finding your Events.
- You can find your events either by using the main Navigation to go to the "News & Events" folder (which may have another similar name like "Events" or "News, Events, and Calendar") or by clicking on any date that has an event scheduled on it in a calendar portlet.
Remove the portlets on the right side of the page. This is a common way to quickly add free space to a page if you need to improve readability.
Using the text editor.
6. Investigate broken links.
7. Change your site's theme.
8. Helpdesk/logging issues