Common Text Problems (Ploud6)
Modified on: Thu, 22 Sep, 2022 at 11:17 AM
- Trouble removing dividing lines.
Sometimes dividing lines have been added by simply using the "_" character. In these cases, because the site's width has changed with the new mobile-responsive format, you may have to manually delete part of the line to keep it from running into the portlets on the right side of the page.
- Text formatting changes.
Although we've made an effort to preserve the styling of your text from the old site, some text may have changed in size or color in ways that you'd like to undo. To do this, you'll need to:
- go to the Edit view for the page,
- select the text, and
- look at the bottom of the text editor window to see what kinds of styles have been applied to the text. The indicator at the bottom of the text editor will show you header tags like <h1>, <h2>, <h3> which correspond respectively to the formats Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3 (found in Paragraph > Headings). Color tags for text and background will not be displayed here, but can be added or overridden by selecting the text and using the color pickers for text and background to make selections.
- Content running behind portlets.
A side-effect of the new "mobile-responsive" construction of your site is that the content area (where you view pages and other content) no longer grows horizontally with the text inside it. This means that, if a word or image is too large to fit within the allotted area, it does not push the right portlet well over - instead the too-large item will run behind the portlets. This is undesirable because it blocks part of the content from view and is ugly to look at. Typically, text will have spaces between words frequently enough that this is not an issue. However, in cases like a long URL for a link, there may be one continuous "word". It is recommended that URLs always be "wrapped" with text.
- Copy the link to your clipboard by using Ctrl-C or your browser's Copy functionality.
- Highlight the word or phrase within which you would like to place the link.
- Click the Insert/edit link button.
- On the External tab, paste (Ctrl-V) your link into the External field.
- Click Insert.
- Click Save to view your newly updated content.
- Can't access the browser's context menu (with spell-check and cut/copy/paste functionality).
The rich text editor in SaaS requires you to press the Ctrl button while right-clicking inside the editor to bring up the context menu that includes the spellchecker and cut/copy/paste functionality. If you right-click without holding the Ctrl button, you will see the Insert Table menu.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.