While in some situations it is appropriate to hide or block portlets, sometimes it is preferable to completely delete a portlet.
- Make sure that you are logged in to your site.
- Navigate to the page on which the portlet you want to delete was created. If you don't know where that is, you can start from any page on which it is visible.
- Select Manage portlets from the tools menu
- Sometimes in order to the available options to Hide & Delete portlets, you may need to access the portlet container to do that select "Go Here"
- On the Portlet Management screen, each portlet is represented by a grey box with an identifying title. Find the grey box that corresponds to the portlet you're looking for. Each portlet's title will be either the title displayed on the original page (like "Locations & Hours") or something indicating the type of portlet it is (for example "News", "Events", or "Navigation"). Portlets are listed in the order in which they appear on the page.
- Once you've found the portlet you're looking for, you can delete it by clicking on the X to the right of its name. If there is no X next to the portlet's name, this indicates that the portlet cannot be deleted from the current location. There are two possibilities:
- Once you've removed the grey box for the portlet you wanted to delete, click the Return button just below the title in the middle of the screen to take you back to the original page to view the results and verify that the portlet has been successfully deleted.