Ploud supports the ability for one Ploud site to share its content to other Ploud websites. Let's say you want to duplicate content on your website from another Ploud website. Traditionally, it would require you to copy the code and images of the page you want to copy and then re-create the page on your site. The problem with this is that when that original page is updated, your copy of that page does not update with it and it requires you to update the page manually.
There is a new content type available called Remote Content. This content type is a type of page that has content that you can craft, and you can copy content from another Ploud website's page as well.
- Log in to your website as a content author.
- Navigate to the place you want to add your content.
- Click on Add New... -> Remote Content.
- Fill in the Title and the URL for the page you are creating. The URL is the 'target' URL of the page you want to copy into your page content. We recommend that you go to the Ploud website page you want to copy, and copy the URL in the location bar:
NOTE: You can only use URL's from other Ploud websites. This feature does not support copying content from other external URLs (ex: http://www.google.com). If you try to use a URL that is not a Ploud URL, when you save the Remote Content page, it will create an error telling you that the URL is invalid.
- Go back to your Remote Content Page and paste the URL you copied into the URL field.
Note: The URL below is an example only the URL you would use would be from the library content page you want to bring over to your site.
- The Pre Content and Post Content fields are WYSIWYG fields that you can use to place content above and below the content that is copied from the URL you identified above.
- Click Save to save your Remote Content Page.
- You should see your new page with Content that has been copied from the source page you specified. If you put content in the Pre/Post Content fields, you should see that content above and below the Remote Content.
When the source page is updated by its author, the content will also be updated on the Remote Content page you created on your website so you do not need to update it manually!
- The only Content type that is supported within Remote Content Pages are standard Ploud Pages. Content within Cover pages, News items, Events, etc are not supported at this time.
- Once the page content on the remote site has been updated, it can take up to 15 minutes for the Remote Content to be updated. Ploud employs caching rules to ensure that the performance of the website is optimal and that cache takes some time to refresh its content.
- The content on the remote website must be published and not in a 'Private' state.