As of 8/7/2015, this process has been changed. See this announcement for details.
The "Slate" themes (Pacifica, Ruby, and Sunset) provide the ability to include a background image in the header section of your site. You can also add different background images for subfolders.
To add or update a header image on your site:
Navigate to the main page of your site.
Click on the button which displays your user name in the top right corner of the page to open a dropdown menu.
- Click Site configurations.
- Scroll down to the sections marked Set Home Page Header Image and Set Home Page Header Image. These will only be visible while the Slate them is active on your site.
- Select the image you wish to add as your header. The Home Page Header will only show on the front page of your site. The Site Wide Header will display on every other page.
- Click Apply to save your header images.
- If you would like to use different header images in different sections of your site, you can add a file named "subheader" to that folder.
- Go to the folder in which you would like to add a new header image.
- Click on Contents.
- Click the Add Files or Images button.
- Select the image (in PNG, GIF, or JPG format) you'd like to use.
- Before clicking Upload, change the title of the file to "subheader" (with no extension).
- Click Upload.
- Click on the View tab to see your updated header image appear.