You can add images to any area of your site where a rich text editor is present while the Edit view for that item.
To get to the Edit view for an item, open the item and go to Edit in the menu bar above the item's content.
- Scroll down to the text editor.
- Find the area of the item's content where you would like to add an image and click there to set your cursor.
- Click the Insert/edit image button (it looks like a little picture of some mountains with the sun over them) to open the Insert/edit image dialog.
- If the image you would like to add to your page has already been uploaded to your site, you can start typing its name into the Search field. As you type, the box will look up matches. If you see the one you want, click on it to select it.
- If you would like to add an image that is not already on your site, but is on your computer, click the Upload tab. Browse to the image's location (or drag it into the box from outside of your browser window) and click Upload. Once the image has been uploaded, go back to the Image tab and type the image's file name in the Search box to find and select it.
- If you would like to add an image coming from another site without saving a copy to your own, go to the External tab and enter the URL of the image you'd like to add.
- If you would like to display the image at a smaller size than its original, you can select from preset dimensions in the Size field (or you can do it manually - see "Resizing Images" for more details).
- If you add a Title, it will show up in a yellow box whenever you hover your cursor over the image.
- The Align field will tell the editor how to align the image relative to any text that is near it. Currently, Left and Right alignment can both cause issues when used in portlets, so be aware that you may want to leave this option as "Inline".