The Ploud platform offers the ability to create your library location(s). The location content type has the ability to plot your location on a Google map to make it convenient for your patrons to locate the particular library branch. You can create one or many locations and signify which branch is the Main Branch.
Creating the Branch Location
- While logged in, navigate to Our Locations & Hoursfound at the top level of your website.
- Click on the site logo in the upper left corner of your web page.
- Click on the Contents tab on the Green Edit Bar.
Find the Our Locations & Hours link and click on it.
- Within this folder, select Add new... and then Library location.
- The next page that appears will be the Add Library Location page. Here you will enter all of the information necessary for this particular location.
- Please take care in entering the proper address to your Library Location as this will be the address used to plot the location on the map your patrons will see.
- Notice that the Hours field is an open text field to allow you the flexibility to enter the varied hours your library branch may have.
- If this is the main branch for your communities libraries, you can check the checkbox next to the Main Branch field. This will 'flag' the branch in the library location listing as the 'Main Branch'.
Main Branch Display within a Location Portlet
Once you have created your Library location(s), you can choose to display them in a site portlet anywhere on your website. Please see the article Managing Portlets for information concerning what portlets are and how to create them. To display a list of your library branches, even if it is just one branch, you will need to create a Library Locations Portlet.