This article will explain how you can add a link on a page that will open another page and display at a anchor location. The WYSIWYG Editor will not work as it does for adding an anchor on the same page. However it is still easy to accomplish in Ploud.
First you will want to add an anchor to the destination page at the location on that page you want to display.
To add an anchor to a page:
- Go to the Edit view for your page by clicking the Edit button above the text.
- In the text editor, place your cursor at the location in your text where you would like to create an anchor.
- Go to the Insert menu at the top right of the text editor.
- Click Anchor.
- Name your anchor and click Ok. The anchor will not be visible, but if you look at the Source Code (Tools > Source Code) you will see a new <a> tag with the name that you gave the anchor Take note of the ID you gave the Anchor. That way you won't have to look in the source code.
Linking to the anchor on another page
Now that you have created an anchor and you know the target ID you gave the anchor. you just need to add an external link to the page your linking from
1. Go to the page you want to add the link and selct Edit from the green bar.
2. Highlight the words to be a link and select the link icon from the tool bar.
3. In the popup that comes up select the External tab. And add the page URL you want to link to followed by a pound sign (#) and the anchor ID as in this example http://www.domain.com/page.html#anchor_ID
You can test your Anchor ID and the URL format without actually adding the link by just putting that URL in the browser address bar.
To add an anchor to a single page use these instructions