Michigan Libraries has created an instructional video in creating Library Locations and using the Locations Portlet on your site.
Ploud offers the ability to create a custom-designed Library Locations section of your site. Library Locations provide an easy, standardized format in which to display information about a library's branches, their locations and hours, and important general information about the library.
To add a Library Location:
- A new folder called "Our Locations & Hours" has been created on your site. By default, it is hidden from the navigation menus, so you can find it by searching for the folder name in the Search field in your site header.
- In this folder, you can add "Library Location" objects.
- Each Library Location allows you to specify Name, Address, Contact Info, Hours, and general info about each branch of your library. You can also add a photo. A Google Maps box that displays the location of the library will be automatically added based on the Address information that was entered.
A new "Library Locations" portlet type is also included, which will allow you to display this information for selected library branches in a sidebar on any page.
To create a Library Locations portlet:
- While logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page on which you'd like to add your Library Locations portlet and click on Manage Portlets.
- On the Portlet Management screen, click the dropdown menu on either side of the screen above Portlets Assigned Here and choose "Library Locations".
This will take you to a page where you can specify the title of your portlet (for example, "Library Locations & Hours") and select the Library Locations you would like to include in it. To select a location, click on it in the left-hand list and click the right arrow to move it to the right-hand list.
When you've chosen your Library Locations, click Save.
Click the Return link in the middle of the page to go back to your page and see the new portlet. If it does not show up immediately, try refreshing your browser (Ctrl+F5) to reload the updated page.