The following information and instructions are for sites that are using a custom domain name (See Setting Up Your Custom Domain Name on Ploud).
Update the Domain Record
- Open you browser and go to your DNS registrar management page. This is the site service where you purchased the domain and in this example is GoDaddy.com.
Sign into your registrar account to access your management page.
- Depending on your registrar, the available actions and user interface will vary. These steps use GoDaddy screenshots.
Add "Forwarding" Record
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click on option to Add Forwarding (Manage link in this example)
- Type www.creswell-library.org ; must include "www" (example only, enter your domain)
- Set as a 301 permanent redirect
- Set as "Forward Only"; do not select the "Forward with Masking"
- Click Save or Add Record (will vary depending your registrar).
- Below is a visual representation of the steps (this is a mocked up image for example purposes only).
- The change will require 10 minutes to 1 hour to access your site as http://creswell.ploud.net/